Only You
Can you bring me home to where it once was,
Back to the good old days?
When we would pick up some food at the store downtown
Hit the beach, and watch the sun fade.
Playing country songs in a parking lot,
Every challenge we ever faced we won.
Before all this fighting, when love was a verb,
And lover, we had just begun.
Take me back to the days of holding hands,
Surprise gifts and kisses at your door.
That smile on my face, no one could erase
Before I wondered if we’d kiss once more.
A spectacular glow of bursts in the sky,
From the back of a fire truck.
My only job was to make you smile,
But I swear most of the time it was luck.
To when you’d steal my sweatshirt, when you were cold
Stay in and watch a movie at home.
Rip off the blanket, run out the back door,
And lay on our backs watching the moon.
Take me back to all of the failed attempts
And dancing to our song on the beach,
The smile in your eyes, the feel of your touch
Told me nothing would be out of reach.
Before a summer changed lives, and how I looked at the world
When I didn’t yet know what love was.
We experienced life without jealousy or hate,
And could spend time with each other “just because”.
Bring me to days when we were still happy
When I knew how to make you smile.
Before the mindless fights and clutter surrounded
When we would walk that miracle mile.
Only you can bring me home, to where it once was,
Whenever tears are rolling down my face.
Because only you have a spot in my heart,
That not even time can erase.

1 Comments:
Nice one
Post a Comment
<< Home