Night Sky Love
It happens when the sun vanishes into the night sky,
I stop my life and something inside me breaks.
My mind draws as black as the sky does turn,
And she is the one bright star I can see.
Headlights shine through the back of my car,
And cast a shadow of a soul that is lost.
As the melody of the car takes me away,
To a place where we used to dream of at night.
I walk through the heavy door of my house,
Into a love that's no longer there.
As I change my clothes and look at the pictures
I feel what we had dared to dream.
And I whisper in my mind to one that isn't there,
"I Love you baby", and she repeats the same.
And I dream as I sleep, of the dreams we dared,
As I hope that the morning will not show again.
Because it's the same as it was the day before,
When I try to forget and live for today,
And I pray the dusk will not come too fast,
Because it happens when the sun vanishes into the night sky.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home