Nightly Lies
Reality is fading
As your hand runs down my face.
The world slows to a soft glow,
And I pray a nver-ending eve.
For tonight, take my heart
And play as a child.
Build me up and break me down.
I'll pretend to believe if you won't tell of my lies.
Pain escapes and ignorance is born;
Your lust penetrates my lips.
Reaching for the depths of my soul,
Nothing will right my wrongs.
So in this moment you are life,
And life is perfection.
Perfect isn't what I deamt it would be.
Pull me close and gasp for air.
Hold on to the love we invent.
Tonight a game is what I need,
And we know you play to win.
So win me over beautiful,
Make me lose it all.
Feel my body tense at the thought
Never cure my blindness.
Just rip the tears from my eyes;
The drug has killed itself with time.
Smaile as you gaze at our world.
I'm tortured, dragging my knees,
Praying to feel your grasp once more.
For a lifetime this lie I could live.
Reality seems so far away...
As your hand runs down my face.
The world slows to a soft glow,
And I pray a nver-ending eve.
For tonight, take my heart
And play as a child.
Build me up and break me down.
I'll pretend to believe if you won't tell of my lies.
Pain escapes and ignorance is born;
Your lust penetrates my lips.
Reaching for the depths of my soul,
Nothing will right my wrongs.
So in this moment you are life,
And life is perfection.
Perfect isn't what I deamt it would be.
Pull me close and gasp for air.
Hold on to the love we invent.
Tonight a game is what I need,
And we know you play to win.
So win me over beautiful,
Make me lose it all.
Feel my body tense at the thought
Never cure my blindness.
Just rip the tears from my eyes;
The drug has killed itself with time.
Smaile as you gaze at our world.
I'm tortured, dragging my knees,
Praying to feel your grasp once more.
For a lifetime this lie I could live.
Reality seems so far away...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home