Thursday, October 19, 2006

Breaths of You

In the corner of a room, spotlight on me
I'm hitting the bottle hard.
I've learned alcohol knows a trick,
To make memories into friends,
When you're isolated and cold,
As it warms you like home once did.
The pain is no longer existent as I'm numb,
Suddenly the tears begin to roll.
Each tear I shed is another dream crushed
By every action I have ever taken.
Happiness and love become broken
Shards of glass from the bottle that crashed to the floor.
As I'm sinking into the floorboards
I slowly bow my head
And look up to realize that I am not alone.
The ones who have desired to see me fail
Are watching as the dim lights fade to nothing.
Yet as the room begins to clear,
And my mind turns to black,
I look up to see the discontent upon your face.
And the last breath I take tonight,
Will not merely be of air,
Yet of you, my darling,
As you have kept me alive for so long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home